Wine Tours for Beginners
- A wine tour is one of those things that you should experience at least once in your lifetime. Wine tours in Cape Town is the premier spot to do this if you are visiting South Africa. The Wine Route is an absolute must do when in Cape Town. Located in an idyllic and charming area, it has gained international recognition for its wine offerings. The area is diverse and if you are pressed for time, then wine tours in Cape Town are your salvation. Book into one and relax while being taken around to a few wineries gaining momentum in the wine world.
- Book your spot on a tour in advance. Wine tours in Cape Town are a popular activity for tourists to the city and as such they do book up pretty quickly. You would be hard pressed to find an available tour on the morning you want to set out to enjoy some wine tasting. Booking is pretty easy when done online. You would just need to know the date that you would like to do the tour, check for availability, make your payment and be confirmed for that day. On the day in question, you will be picked up from your hotel and whisked away.
- If there will be no designated driver, going with a travel company offering wine tours in Cape Town ensures that you will have a reliable ride back at the end of the day.
- For repeat visitors to wine tours in Cape Town, there is the essence of drinking wine directly from the source which is why they return time and time again. Drinking wine, beginners will find, does not taste as good as it does when you are at a winery. The atmosphere here just elevates the entire taste session.
- Go with a tour company that does wine tours in Cape Town with smaller groups. Any tour is more enjoyable when done with a smaller number of people, and even better when it is just a few of your closest friends or family. It also ensures that you would not have to compete for attention from the guide with a lot of other people and can enjoy the tour at your pace.
- Visit the smaller wineries for a more personalized experience. The larger estates are always jam packed with tourists. It is the boutique wineries and smaller estates that have a lot to offer guests.
- A few wine tastings are included in the tour price. If a particular wine has tickled your fancy, then you can also purchase a bottle to take back home and enjoy at your leisure. Wine tours in Cape Town are ideal to open up yourself to new wines and expand your palette.
- As a beginner, you will not have the in-depth knowledge of a sommelier, and that’s okay. This is why you book into wine tours in Cape Town. Guides and wine owners love giving out their expertise, so take advantage of this during the trip. Learn about the different wine varietals and how to pair wines with food, directly from the source.